Thursday 14 March 2013

Green tea and French clay soap.

 

As I mentioned in my first post on this blog – I like to make soap. But I never posted any evidence of my soap making. So, now I’m going to cover this blank spot.

I created this recipe myself and am now going to share it with you.  The reason behind this is my daughter’s problematic skin. This soap really helped her to improve her skin condition. It contains French green clay, tea tree oil and green tea. I kept some small tea leafs and small fractions of clay for gentle scrubing effect.

Recipe:

1 pound white soap base

1 tbsp  French green clay

4 oz strong green tea

3 gram tea tree oil

1,5 gram any other oil on your choice (lavender, mint, grapefruit)

Melt the base in 30 seconds intervals, stirring well till all chunks dissolved,  add hot tea and clay with oil. To get a smoother consistency, mix clay with small amount of tea to get rid of clumps. Pour in soap moulds and spray with alcohol to remove bubbles. Let it cool down and harden enough to take out of moulds. Wrap each one in parchment paper and keep in the fridge.

DSC_2270

DSC_2272

DSC_2276

No comments:

Post a Comment